Covid Safety Procedures
Based on guidance received June 1, 2020 from the Washington State Department of Licensing (DOL) we are excited to announce:
WE ARE OPEN FOR OUR FULL RANGE OF SERVICES!
COVID Exposure Control, Mitigation, & Recovery Plan
Please review all of the material on this page to ensure you are aware of our safety policies and procedures before you come into our location.
Our safety policies and procedures have been designed to ensure we meet the Phase 1 COVID-19 Exposure Control, Mitigation, and Recovery Plan as outlined by the Washington Department of Licensing (DOL).
We will continue to udate this page regarding any changes to our service and safety procedures in response to the updates from local authorities. So please check back here often!
We are offering the following services under the current approved COVID-19 Exposure Control, Mitigation, and Recovery Plan.
TEEN DRIVERS EDUCATION
- The classroom portion will continue to be delivered online through Zoom.
- Students who have a permit can book their observation drive and driving lessons.
- Please go to our Teen Drivers Ed page at https://405drivingschool.pike13.com to register for an upcoming Teen Drivers Ed program.
- Driving lessons are available to be booked for anyone that already has their driving permit or license.
- Please go to our Driving Lesson page at https://405drivingschool.pike13.com to book your Driving Lesson.
- Please limit your driving lessons to 1 lesson ever 2 weeks. Practicing between driving lessons will improve your likelihood of passing your driving exam and will allow other students the opportunity to book drives.
- Written exams are available to be booked. All dates and times are listed in the booking process.
- Please go to our Written Exams page at https://405drivingschool.pike13.com to book your Written Exam.
- We are capping the number of students who will be allowed to take the written exam to ensure that we maintain appropriate physical distancing during the exam.
- Driving exams are available to be booked.
- Please go to our Driving Exam page at https://405drivingschool.pike13.com to book your Driving Exam.
CRITICAL SAFETY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The following items will be required of all students or customers who enter our facility or vehicles in order to receive service.
- Facial coverings must be worn by every student or customer who enters our facility. We ask that you bring your own facial covering, but will have disposable face coverings available on site.
- Physical distancing of at least 6‐feet of separation will be maintained by every person at the location at all possible times. In instances where the 6‐feet separation cannot be maintained appropriate PPE and other controls will be implemented as outlined in this document.
- We will ensure minimum 6‐foot separation when at all possible by furniture placement, physical barriers, and/or demarking floors with tape.
- Students or customers will be asked to wash their hands before and after going to the bathroom, and after coughing, sneezing, or blowing their nose.
- We will ask each person who is scheduled to enter our to take their temperature at home prior to arriving at our facility. Any employee, student or customer with a temperature of 100.4°F or higher is considered to have a fever and will be asked to stay home or will be sent home.
- We will screen each person entering our facility with the following question: Have you experienced a fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle aches, or new loss of taste or smell?
- If a person answers yes to these questions, or if the symptoms develop during their time at our facility, the person will be sent home.
- Visitors are strongly discouraged and only allowed if necessary, to translate for one of our students or customers.
TRAINING AND TESTING INSIDE A VEHICLE
In addition to the safety policies and procedures outlined above, the following items will be required of all students or customers who are scheduled for driving lessons or driving exams.
- Instructors will use the following PPE for all driving lessons and exams:
- Anti‐viral cleaning products
- Instructors must ensure students have the appropriate face covering for use during testing or training. We request students bring their own facial coverings but will have disposable face covering and other required PPE available.
- Training or testing will be rescheduled if necessary.
- When using cloth face coverings, only one student may be allowed in a vehicle with an instructor at a time. Up to two students are allowable if all individuals are wearing masks (such as a mask or face shield) rather than a cloth face covering. 405 Driving School will provide the necessary masks.
- The windows of the vehicle will be rolled down enough to create airflow throughout the vehicle.
- When arriving for a driving lesson or driving exam:
a. Students are to check-in and then wait in the vehicle until the school employee is prepared to begin.
b. Students are not to congregate with each other or staff.
- The interior of the vehicle will be disinfected using the appropriate anti‐viral cleaning product(s) at the beginning and end of each driving lesson or exam.
- Physical distancing will be observed whenever practical, for example during the pre‐trip inspection.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO ENSURE YOUR SAFETY
In addition to the items listed above which directly relate to customers in our facility, the 405 Driving School will operate under the following safety policies and procedures to do everything we can to ensure the safety of our team and everyone who enters our facility.
COVID-19 SITE SUPERVISOR
- 405 Driving School will have a designated staff member as the Site Supervisor who will be responsible to monitor the health of employees/students and enforce the COVID‐19 location safety plan.
- Our designated COVID-19 Supervisor will be available at all times our facility is opened.
- The Operations Director will work with the Site Supervisor to ensure the plan remains current based on changes to COVID‐19 guidelines from appropriate authorities.
- Safety training will be conducted prior to reopening, and weekly thereafter to explain the protective measures in place for all employees and students. Physical distancing must be maintained at all gatherings.
- Attendance will be communicated verbally and recorded in the “CVOID19 Attendance Records” by the trainer (site supervisor).
We will limit the number of students in our facilities to allow for 6‐foot separation and will provide personal protective equipment (PPE) for all driving lessons and driving exams.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- We will provide and require the wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, face shields, and face masks as appropriate or required to employees, students, and customers.
- Facial coverings must be worn by every employee, instructor, and student or customers not working alone (with no chance of human interaction) at the location.
SANITATION AND CLEANLINESS
- Soap and running water will be provided in the washroom facilities located in our building for frequent hand washing.
- Employees and students or customers are encouraged to leave their work or testing stations to wash their hands regularly, before and after going to the bathroom, before and after eating and after coughing, sneezing, or blowing their nose.
- Alcohol‐based hand sanitizers with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol will also be made available.
- We will have posted in our office, visible to all workers, students and customers, required hygienic practices.
- We will make disinfectants available to workers throughout the worksite and ensure cleaning supplies are frequently replenished.
- We will frequently clean and disinfect high‐touch surfaces at locations and in offices, such as shared tools, computers, vehicles and other equipment, handrails, doorknobs, and restrooms.
- Shared tools and other equipment will be wiped and sanitized between users.
- If an employee, student, or customer reports feeling sick and goes home, the area where that person worked will be immediately disinfected.
- We will encourage workers to stay home or leave the worksite when feeling sick or when they have been in close contact with a confirmed positive case. If they develop symptoms of acute respiratory illness, they must seek medical attention and inform us, their employer.
- We will have employees, students and customers inform the site supervisors if they have sick family member at home with COVID‐19. If an employee, students or customer has a family member sick with COVID‐19, that employee, students or customer must follow the isolation/quarantine requirements as established by the State Department of Health.
- If symptoms develop while the employee/student is not working, the employee, student or customer should not return to work/class until they have been evaluated by a healthcare provider.
- Failure of employees, students or customers to comply will result in being sent home, for example if a student refuses to wear the appropriate facial covering except where medically excused.
- We will instruct employees, students and customers coming to our location that if they are coming from any state that is not contiguous to Washington, they must self‐quarantine for 14 days prior to entering our facility to become eligible to work or attend class in Washington.
- If we are notified that an employee, student or customer is confirmed to have COVID‐19 infection, we will inform fellow employees, students or customers of their possible exposure to COVID‐19 at our facility. However, we will maintain confidentiality as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). In an instance of this nature, we will instruct fellow employees about how to proceed based on the CDC Public Health Recommendations for Community‐Related Exposure.
ATTENDANCE AND CONTACT TRACING
- A daily attendance log of all employees, students, customers, and visitors will be kept and retained for at least four weeks. The log will include the name, phone number, and email address of all employees, students, customers and visitors.
- Pike13 will be used to account for all employees, students, and customers.
- A paper attendance log will be used to record attendance of any visitor who enters the facility.
- NOTE: Visitors are strongly discouraged, and only allowed if necessary, to translate for one of our students or customers.
- Pike13 will be used to account for all employees, students, and customers.