Teen Drivers Ed
All of our Teen Drivers Ed packages, for teens 18 and under, meet or exceed State of Washington Department of Licensing (DOL) requirements.
Our certified Driving Instructors great joy in leading engaging, interactive classroom discussions which include videos and interactive driving simulation software to ensure that all our students are thoroughly equipped with the knowledge needed to be safe, responsible drivers.
The driving lessons cover all the DOL required driving education elements and are tailored to each students driving ability to ensure a safe, constructive learning experience.
Last but not least, we offer online booking to make scheduling your driving lessons easy and convenient.
Drivers Ed Details
Teen Drivers EdCourse Package
- Meets state DOL requirements
- Led by certified instructors
- Bundled services give you a discount
- 30 hours of class time (15 sessions, 2 hours each)
- 4 hours Interactive Driving Simulation (2 sessions, 2 hours each)
- 1 hour of observation (watching another student drive)
- 5 hours of driving lessons (behind the wheel driving time)
- 2 written exam attempts ($30 value)
- A free upgrade to use our car for your Drive Exam ($20 value)
Monday – Thursday
4-6 PM or 6-8PM
Friday 4-6 PM and Saturday & Sunday 12-2 PM
SEE OUR FULL CLASS LIST
Dates and times listed above reflect our general approach to scheduling. For a full list of all our class options, click BOOK NOW.
TEEN DRIVERS ED FAQ
Teen Drivers Ed is for youth that are 15 – 18 years old. Students must be 15 years old by the first day of class.
The dates listed for the courses are for the classroom instruction only. Students must schedule their drives outside of the classroom instruction. We encourage students to schedule 1 drive every 2 – 3 weeks to allow time for practice between driving lessons. This significantly improves the student pass rate on the driving exam.
State law allows you to miss a maximum of 3 classes, but you will need to make those up. You do not need to notify us if you will miss a class. But remember, you do need to make up that class! More information about making up a class will be provided on the first day.
If you have a Washington State ID card: Please email us the “WA ID Number” from the ID and we will submit a permit waiver to the DOL. The waiver allows you to get your permit 10 days before class without taking the State knowledge exam.
If you do NOT have a Washington State ID card:
- Please pre-apply online at: http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/preapply.html
- When you are done with the pre-application, you will receive an email with a confirmation code.
- Next, log into License eXpress to access your ID number. It starts with “WDL.”
- Email us that ID number and we will submit a permit waiver that allows you to get your permit 10 days before the start of class.
NOTE: Please do not go to the DOL to get a permit until we have confirmed your waiver is submitted. They will not provide a permit until we have submitted the waiver on your behalf.
Scheduling student drives typically starts around week 2 or 3 of the classroom sessions. We typically schedule the observation drive first so they students can see what the experience will be like when they are behind the wheel. The 5 driving lessons will be spread out with 2-3 weeks in between to allow students the opportunity to practice between lessons. Students who take several weeks to practice, between driving lessons, have a higher pass rate on the driving exam.
If you are enrolled in Teen Drivers Ed, and ready to book a driving lesson please follow these steps.
- Log into your account HERE
- Click on the “Driving Lessons” link
- Chose the “Driving Lesson – 60 minutes” option
- Find a time that is convenient for you and book your driving lesson
Please make note of the following important information:
- The observation drive is the one service that must be scheduled through our Office Manager. To book your observation please call 425-226-6100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must have your learners permit before your schedule your first driving lesson.
- You must have your permit on you at the time of your driving lesson. If you do not have your permit, we will be forced to reschedule the lesson and you will be charged a cancelation fee.
Please arrive 5 – 10 minutes before the start of your driving lesson so that you are ready to start the lesson right at the start of your scheduled appointment.
We are required by the State to provide the full 60 minute driving lesson to each of our students, and require the entire 30 minutes for the state driving exams. Therefore, your punctuality is extremely important if you want to hold your appointment time.
- If you do not show up for your drive test appointment and/or provide less than a 24 hour notice to cancel, you will incur a cancelation fee.
- If you are 10+ min. late for an appointment, we will try to accommodate you if possible. If we cannot work you in, you will incur a cancelation fee.
- For example: If you show up at 2:10 for a 60 minute driving lesson that was supposed to start at 2:00, and the instructor has another student driving lesson scheduled at 3:00, then we can not deliver the 60 minute lesson. Therefore you would incur a cancelation fee.
We require a Debit/Credit Card to be held on each person’s file in case there is a missed driving lesson or driving exam appointment.