Written & Driving Exams
Let’s be honest, “exams” can make stress peak in even the most confident and competent of people. But preparing for and passing your Washington State Department of Licensing (DOL) Written (Knowledge) and Driving (Skills) Exams doesn’t have to be a stressful endeavor!
We have a proven track record, having helped countless numbers of people prepare for and pass the state required exams.
- If you are 15 – 16, our Teen Drivers Ed program is designed to meet all state requirements and to ensure you are ready for your written and driving exams.
- If you are 18 or older, we offer Private Driving Lessons to help equip you with the driving skills and knowledge to pass your driving exam.
- If you’re ready for your exams, we offer both the Written (Knowledge) and Driving (Skills) Exams daily, 7 days a week!
Written TestingNo Appointment Necessary
- FREE 2nd attempt
Because even the most prepared people can be thrown off by a formal exam, we offer a package deal! Two exam attempts for one low price.
- $30 – Two written exam attempts.
We offer the convenience of paying and reserving an exam time through our site. Click BOOK NOW to get registered in advance.
Written exams are limited to 9 examinees due to COVID-19 restrictions. We highly recommend you reserve your spot in advance as we do turn away walk-ins once we have 9 examinees.
We generally offer written exams twice daily at the times listed below. However, due to COVID-19 and staff schedules our exam schedules may vary.
MONDAY – FRIDAY
10:00 AM & 2:00 PM
SATURDAY – SUNDAY
9:00 AM & 2:00 PM
To see the full list of actual exam times, click BOOK NOW and see the actual written exam times when booking your spot.
We offer official Washington State driving exams from morning to night, 7 days a week, to make scheduling convenient for you! In order to view our availability and schedule a drive appointment, click “Book Now” below.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: You must pass the Washington State written exam before you can take the driving exam.
DRIVING EXAMSOUR CAR
- Enjoy our nice, modern cars
- Fee confident knowing our cars meet all state requirements and have necessary insurance coverage
DRIVING EXAMSYOUR CAR
- Feel confident in a vehicle you are familiar with
- Requires proof of insurance
- Your vehicle MUST pass state requirements
Do you want a little more practice before your exam? We offer discounted rates for combo packages that provide a 30 minute warm up lesson and then 30 minutes for the Washington State Driving (Skills) Exam provided by our Licensed Examiners.
NOTE: This option is only available to people with a valid learners permit.
Lesson & ExamOUR CAR
- In OUR car
- 30 min driving lesson
- Driving exam
lesson & examYOUR CAR
- In YOUR car
- 30 min driving lesson
- Driving exam
WRITTEN & DRIVING EXAM FAQ
The knowledge test consists of 40 multiple-choice questions about traffic safety laws. Applicants must answer at least 32 questions correctly in order to pass the test.
In order to take the written exam you must have a Washington ID or driver’s license number. Pre-apply online to create your Washington ID or driver license number. Then bring the license number with you when you come to take the written exam.
Below are links to practice exams that we encourage you to take before you come in for your official written exam. The practice exams will help you get comfortable with the style of question and answer used in the written exam. It will also help test your knowledge so you can identify where you are prepared and where you may need to invest more time studying.
The driving test will test the applicants ability to drive legally and safely. Applicants must pass the driving test with a score of 80 or better out of 100 possible points. For more information on what applicants will be evaluated on, please visit: http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/drivingtest.html.
Applicants may provide their own vehicles or pay to use one of our vehicles to use for the driving test. If you wish to use your own vehicle please be sure that:
- You have a valid insurance card at the time of the exam
- All brake lights work
- All turn signals work
- Seat belts function properly
- License plates are on the front and back of the vehicle with current tabs on the rear plate
- Windshields are free of any cracks or chips in the line of vision
- Windshield wipers are functioning properly and the defrost system works properly to defog the windows
- Tires meet the state requirements for tire tread (no bald tires)
If your vehicle fails to meet the above qualifications, you will either forfeit your exam time and incur a cancelation fee, or, you will have the option to pay an additional fee to utilize one of our vehicles.
Please arrive 5 – 10 minutes before the start of your appointment so that you are ready to start right at the start of your scheduled appointment.
We are required by the State to provide the full 60 minute driving lesson to each of our students, and require the entire 30 minutes for the state driving exams. Therefore, your punctuality is extremely important if you want to hold your appointment time.
- If you do not show up for your drive test appointment and/or provide less than a 24 hour notice to cancel, you will incur a cancelation fee..
- If you are 10+ min. late for an appointment, we will try to accommodate you if possible. If we cannot work you in, you will incur a cancelation fee.
- For example: If you show up at 2:10 for a 60 minute driving lesson that was supposed to start at 2:00, and the instructor has another student driving lesson scheduled at 3:00, then we can not deliver the 60 minute lesson. Therefore you would incur a cancelation fee.
Also note that if you arrive to take a written or driving exam and do not have a Washington ID or driver license number, it will be counted as a no-show and you will be charged a cancelation fee.
We require a Debit/Credit Card to be held on each person’s file to cover the cancelation fee in the case where there is a missed driving lesson or exam appointment.
We offer the written exam in the following languages.
We only offer driving exams in English or Spanish.
We are not allowed to bring a translator in the car.
If you need a driving exam in a foreign language you can contact the DOL to schedule a driving exam in the language of your choice.